You're joining a vibrant community of scholars. "Freedom and learning" is more than our motto; those principles guide how we teach the next generations and conduct research to create a better world.
Welcome to Mason Nation
Working at George Mason University is a collaborative experience. This site, designed with faculty members in mind, is intended to direct you to resources that will help you become familiar with campus as you embark on your career at Mason.
The Office of the Provost oversees and manages many critical academic initatives for the university. All faculty, department/unit heads, and graduate students can find important resources regarding various aspects of academic and campus life.
Mason embraces diversity and inclusion, access to excellence, and an entrepreneurial spirit as part of our core values. We are also committed to sustaining a just, inclusive, thriving community for all. As a valued member of our community, please familiarize yourself with our Code of Ethics.
If your question isn't answered here, please contact Faculty Affairs and Development.
Quick Access to Resources:
- Academic Calendars
- Campus Police (Includes faculty reporting responsibilities)
- Compliance, Diversity, and Ethics
- Campus Emergencies
- Sign up for Mason Alert
- Information Technology Services
- Mason Club (First year free for new faculty)
- Mason Dining
- Mason Recreation (Fitness facilities)
- Masonvale (Housing for faculty, staff, & full-time graduate students)
- People Finder (Mason's directory - submit your information)
- Title IX
- Transportation and Parking Services
- University Libraries
- University Life