Dual Career Assistance
When new faculty members who live outside the area accept a position at Mason, their partners or spouses might face the start of a job search. But they won't be doing it alone; Mason will help them find the right workplace fit.
The university is a member of the Mid-Atlantic Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC), which posts positions of member institutions. It can help dual-career couples explore career opportunities in universities and research institutions around the region.
Mason Talent Temps, an in-house temporary employment service, helps university departments fill temporary long- and short-term vacancies. Go to Mason's Jobs site and apply to position TEMP09.
For more information about help with a job search, call 703-993-2600.
Major employers in the area include:
- Federal Government.
- Largest employers in the Washington, D.C., area.
- Largest employers in Northern Virginia.
Other area sources to consider (not connected with or endorsed by Mason):
- Virginia Career Works, Northern Region
- Adecco Personnel Services.
- The Ford Agency.
- City Staff.
- Savoy Partners.
- Russell Reynolds.
- Arlington Employment Center.
- Professional Outplacement Assistance Center.
- WorkSource Montgomery.
- Prince George’s County American Job Center.
- Business and Professional Women’s Foundation.