Dual Career Assistance

When new faculty members who live outside the area accept a position at Mason, their partners or spouses might face the start of a job search. But they won't be doing it alone; Mason will help them find the right workplace fit.

The university is a member of the Mid-Atlantic Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC), which posts positions of member institutions. It can help dual-career couples explore career opportunities in universities and research institutions around the region.

Mason Talent Temps, an in-house temporary employment service, helps university departments fill temporary long- and short-term vacancies. Go to Mason's Jobs site and apply to position TEMP09.

Our Life/Work Connections team provides consultations that can help identify positions tailored to the interests/experience of the dual career spouse/partner.

For more information about help with a job search, call 703-993-2600 or email jobs@gmu.edu.

Major employers in the area include:

Other area sources to consider (not connected with or endorsed by Mason):